A blog cannot deal with all aspects of a subject and is not intended to replace professional advice. It's purpose is to highlight information and identify areas of possible interest. Anyone wishing to discuss this blog or to make any comments or suggestions about this blog is invited to do so by either posting comments or emailing me directly.
Top 13 Tips on Saving Water
- Wash fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
- Defrost your food in the refrigerator instead of using running water.
- Check your water meter for hidden water leaks – if the water meter does not read exactly the same before and after a two hour period when no water is being used, there is a leak.
- Put food colouring in your toilet tank – if it seeps into the bowl without flushing, there is a leak (saves up to 750 litres per day).
- Replace standard toilets with high efficency models. Replacing a 13 litre toilet with a high efficiency model can save up to 7 litres of water per flush. Many communities have rebate programs.
- Install water-saving shower heads.
- Install low flow faucet aerators (saves about 2 gallons per minute).
- Insulate water pipes – you’ll get hot water faster.
- Turn on washer and dishwasher only when it is full.
- Use a front loading washer.
- Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator – instead of running the tap until it gets cold.
- Take shorter showers.
- Rinse your razor in the sink with a few inches of warm water instead of using running water.
Data supplied by CREB®’s MLS ® System. CREB® is the owner of the copyright in its MLS® System. The Listing data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by CREB®.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.